Thursday, April 29, 2010

In the Beginning



So the infamous blogging has begun. Tyler has wanted me to start one ever since we were first married. I suggested if he wanted one then why didn't he simply start one for us, and his response, "because it is what the wife is suppose to do." As you can see, I finally gave in.

Seeing as Spring Term has just started I'll hopefully have a lot of time to update the blog. But I give you fair warning that I'm not the best at updates.

One embarrassing thing I will say is that ever since Tyler said that we should start a blog, I've kept track in my mind the things that I want to blog about. (i.e. the boring channels my husband watches, interesting discoveries made thus far in marriage, etc.)

Our latest adventure turned out to be just the vacation we needed. We drove down to California right after I finished my last final. We stopped in LA to sleep at my in-laws. Then we made a trip down to San Diego where we visited Shamu and his friends at San Diego Sea World.


Afterwards we went to see Tyler's big debut in his movie! That's right, for those of you who didn't know I'm married to an actor ;) And my can he act and be one great Mexican! He starred in a movie called the Mormon Battalion, which is only played in the Visitor Center in Old Town San Diego. All joking aside, it is a really great place--unlike any other LDS Visitor's Center I've ever been to. The set up is amazing, so if you have a chance you should go! We were then very fortunate to have Courtney and Joel open up their cute apartment to us. It was good to see them because I haven't been able to spend much time with them as a couple. They have a darling apartment, and we were so grateful to them for their hospitality!

Then we went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Parrish (my father-in-law) let us take his camera with us so we could get some cool shots of the animals. Here are some of the ones I took.






Can you tell we spent a lot of time with the lions?





Afterwards we drove back to LA to spend time with the family. We had a great time! We went to Riley's volleyball game, out to dinner, Magic Mountain, and had all the family over for dinner on Sunday. And man the stories that you hear at family dinners are so funny, but are also ones that shouldn't be shared on the internet or any place other than family dinners to be honest. Overall, it was a great trip, and now we are back to our little apartment in Provo, doing our normal thing and just being our newlywed-college-students-selves.

ps. I want to print some of these pictures on canvases to hang in out apartment. If you haven't been here we have a huge picture of a Zebra (we call him Marty) and we want to add. So let me know which of these you like.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it!! SO CUTE!!! YOu guys are just so darn cute!! That vacation looks like SO much fun!! JEALOUS!!! I think everyone needs a vacation like that! AND SO cool that you got to go see the Mormon Betallion! We really want to see it My brother is in it and he knows Tyler! I don't know if he told you that. Or maybe we have talked about this? I can't remember! Anyway, CUTE blog! Keep it up sister!!! LOVE IT!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY!!!! hahaha i'm so excited to blog stalk you :) MISS YOU TWO SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete