It has been a while, and in my last post I said I'd write soon about my trip back to VA, and seeing how my family is coming out next week, obviously I didn't hold true to that. But to sum up my trip home (since I didn't bring a camera) it was GREAT! We definitely didn't spend as much time in the car as last time, and I got to see Wicked! Which has been a hope of mine for a long time now, and man did the show live up to everything I'd hope for and more. The performers were amazing. Especially Dee Roscioli who played the lead Elphaba. Listen to her here. (She's the brunette) And now I have a little magnet on our fridge reminding me of the show.
Since then its been so nice to just be able to have some time off where I'm not busy. I've been in school straight through since we got married with no time off, and even the summer we got married was hectic and busy. So we've been working out and hanging out. Lately we've been a couple hikes. We went hiking back through Provo Canyon and on the Bonneville shoreline.
Oh don't mind me in this picture...dang timer :) hahah its to show you the beautiful view we climbed up to see.
And then sliding back down I rip a hole in my favorite board shorts :( It's ok it was worth it, and plus it's probably time to get new ones anyways.
And then here we are at our first rodeo together, and then my first rodeo ever! It was so much fun, we went with one of Tyler's fellow interns from last year and his wife. They are such a cute couple and it was great. The mutton-bustin' was the cutest, the boy that one stayed on for a long time! Almost made it through the whole arena!
We both walk in Graduation Ceremonies in two weeks. My best friend Brianna is getting married in less than 4 weeks. My family is coming! I'm so excited to show them around and where I've lived and studied these past 4 years. We are trying to go to Zions next week. And this weekend we are going up to Antelope Island with the wonderful Chelsea and Ryan Martin! We haven't seen them in so long and it'll be fun to catch up. I can't believe summer is almost over, and student teaching is getting closer and closer! It's gonna be great though, we are renting a piano until December so that I can have one to plan lessons with. Woohoo! I'm excited! So we sold our red couch in our second bedroom and the piano will go in it's place.
Other than that we haven't been up to much. Tyler is as fit as ever now that he is finishing up his last week of Insanity. Crazy kid. Gotta love him though :) And oh how I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment