Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Summer (and everything else) in Rewind Part 1


When I originally wrote this post it was to tell about Kaiewa's 9 & 10 month updates....he's 14 months now. Then I started again and the title was "It's July!?". Well, as they say, third times a charm right? Here's to hoping.

I'll try to do a quick update starting from the last time that I blogged. It's just hard because I am one of those people that likes to blog in the order that things happen and when I missed one of Kaiewa's milestone months, it was a downhill spiral from there. But here is to catching up, and blogging again :) Hopefully this can be a "quick" update as to what has happened in our lives since March :)


March
- Kaiewa turned 9 months. These are the things that I can remember him doing:
       - He got all four top teeth at once. Boy was that a doosy
       - He had his first Easter, and he was adorable in his Easter Sunday outfit
       - He nursed 3x a day. Morning, Lunch time, and before bed
       - He climbed allllllll over the place. Bath time just became trying not to let him slip and fall (but he did a lot)
       - He loved sweet potatoes, green beans, and saltine crackers
       - He got his first haircut, and finally he didn't have a mullet 

- I kept with the Dukan Diet. And it was really hard. But I lost 20 of the 30 pounds I was hoping for
- I started working out at Hermes Crossfit (more on that later, but I LOVE IT!)

- I had a concert with the Spanish Fork Chorale that I was directing (did I mention that? I actually conducted my OWN choir!) (Oh and I started teaching voice lessons in January). They did wonderfully. The choir and I received many many compliments from that concert. It was a combined Easter concert with two other choirs from the area.









April
- We went to HAWAII! Kaiewa did amazingly on the flights. On the way there he had just gotten some vaccinations the day before, so I think that is what kept him pretty mild mannered. Plus we had people behind us that loved playing with him the whole flight (thank you! it was the biggest blessing!) The way home he was a little more hyper, but he still did great.


- While in Hawaii, Kaiewa loved being around so many people all the time. The little guy was spoiled with attention! He tried lots of new foods. Loved taking morning walks with mom and dad on the beach. He would always knock out on the way home. He ate hoards of sand. Poor guys bum was so red afterwards.
- I kept with the Dukan diet until we left and then when we got to Hawaii, I tried not to go crazy with food, but I didn't want to limit myself. I probably gained a few pounds while we on vacation, but they came off when we got back. I've learned that carbs make me gain weight. So I've tried to limit how many I eat.
- Kaiewa turned 10 months (I did start a post for this one so here's what I wrote):
       - He is eating a lot more these days. He really wants to be independent and feed himself most of the time. He still eats baby food, but we put it in a Sili Squeeze and he can feed himself. He has eaten small bites of real food too.

       - His favorite food these days is yogurt. He did love veggie chips and apple crisps, but we think he got sick of them because that's what we gave him a ton of on the plane rides.

       - He LOVES animals. We have horses, cats, and a dog, and every time he sees them he squeals  He also loves the baby einstein Old MacDonald song.
       - He takes 2 or 3 naps a day and goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 and wakes up at 6:30-7:30
       - Adjusting back to Utah time after we got back from Hawaii took a little bit. But within a couple of days he was back to normal. He adjusted to Hawaii time within 2 days of us being there.
       - He is such a social butterfly. We were around a ton of people in Hawaii, and he loved everyone. I feel a little bad for the boy now that we are home because he's stuck with just me.
       - He is blowing raspberries and sticking out his tongue all the time.



May
- I had another concert with my choir. It was just us, and it was a fun Spring Concert. It was a smaller concert, but I still think that they a phenomenal job.
- Tyler was busy finishing up the school year and coaching track.
- He was also applying for jobs so that we could finally move out of Utah.
- Tyler joined Crossfit with me, and we've been going together ever since. It's amazing.
- Both of our phones died the same week, and so we finally upgraded to smartphones. Tyler still isn't a huge fan of them, but I like mine. We got the Nexus, and I've enjoyed it.




- Kaiewa turned 11 months
       - He was nursing twice a day. Morning and night
       - He had his first signs of walking
      - He was saying more and please in sign language, and babbling a lot. His favorite word was dada, but that referred to everything, not just Tyler.
     
- He was eating a lot more real people food, but still loved his Sili Squeeze. He ate roasted vegetables, meats, toast, whole bananas, yogurt, dried fruits, and that's all I can really remember. 



No comments:

Post a Comment