Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Warriors

The in-laws came up from California, and we had a great weekend. It was great to see everyone, especially Kaycee because we haven't seen her since Christmas. And it was so nice just to be able to hang out and spend time with family.



We had our own mini version of the World Cup. Tyler's soccer team made it to the intramural championships, and for none of them being real soccer players this was a big deal. After playing 3 nights in a row with 2 sudden deaths and 2 shoot outs, they fought hard, but just didn't pull out a win. The team they played scouted them out the night before and just knew everything they needed to do to be our team. They knew who our strong shooters were, and just how we play the field. (I know that it sounds like I play, but don't worry I'm just the supportive wife, hehe) It was a fun game and two good teams with no whining and no fighting. So overall, I would say it was a great season. It was even more fun to have the family there watching the game with me.

And while we are talking about the World Cup, I'm actually kind of getting into it. These players are amazing. Running for 90 minutes straight, the amazing things they can do with their feet, and all the headers I've seen. It's pretty awesome!


I had my opera debut this week. We had performances Wednesday-Saturday Night, and it was so much fun. But man did our costumes stink by Saturday,

Stage lights+pounds of make up+heavy, hot costumes+running around the stage=STINKY

Anyways, I haven't been on stage like that since high school, and surprisingly I didn't get that nervous. Usually whenever I have solos I get really nervous, but I think the key was that I was in character and so it helped because I was just playing a part. Whether or not I messed up or my voice cracked I could just play it off with my ditsy bridesmaid character. I loved our cast and getting to spend time with everyone. I will say though that I am happy not to have 9+ hours of rehearsal a week anymore. I was so happy that the family got to come, and some friends came to support me too! (Bri came 3 times! What a trooper) It is so fun to have loved ones come and support me because this is something I dedicated a lot of time too, and is important to me, so thanks guys, it meant so much!!

Last but not least........


I JOINED WEIGHT WATCHERS ONLINE! I have never been so excited for a diet in my entire life. I feel so empowered and so motivated to stay healthy and lose weight. So wish me luck! It's been great so far! Goodbye chubby-ness....Hello sleek and slim :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I don't even know what you're talking about. You have to have chub to loose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its your fault i came three times...it was just so good :)

    ReplyDelete