Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Fun

So, I'm sure no one is really wondering, but just in case, I just wanted to let you know I ended up finishing my paper. I wrote it on Midwifery and it's effect on pre- and post-natal care. It was really interesting and I think when I have a baby it will be a contender in how I deliver and all the things that come with having a baby. I'm pretty sure the first time I'll do it the normal way and have my child in the hospital and what not with the normal doctors. Just so I see how pregnancy works for me. But I really like the idea of a midwife. And even the first time maybe I'll use one and then see about still delivering in a hospital. But that is not a decision that has to be made anytime soon. Nonetheless it was fun to research!

So the Higa's came up for the weekend and it was so fun. We didn't do a ton of things, but hanging out with family is the best. It was even better because Tyler's parents and brother Riley were able to stay with us! Yay for having a place that actually fits more than just Tyler and I! Next thing to do is find a place with a second bathroom. Hahaha. That will be a while. And not that sharing the bathroom was hard, but it did make me appreciate the idea of 2+ bathrooms more than I ever have before.

The highlights of their trip here was going to the world's largest water balloon fight. Over 4000 people launching water balloons at each other. Dangerous? Eh...yeah it could be. Fun? Of course. Fulfilling someone's childhood dream? MOST DEFINITELY!

And probably the best thing is that afterward there was FREE LUNCH! Free anything is great to me, but tell me there is free food at an event and I'll be there. (Says the girl that desperately trying to lose weight haha!)

We spent a lot time playing cards and scrabble. We had a fun family dinner at our house. That's right 14 people in our place and room to spare. It was great! Kalua pig, shoyu chicken, lau lau, rice, mac salad, and watermelon with banana bread for dessert.

School is almost over! Hallelujah! We are still trying to decide what to do with the week that we have where I'm not in school and Tyler hasn't started his internship. We'll see. We might not do anything, which I would be ok with since I haven't had much of that this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment