Well we just got back from the wonderful place of Stafford, Virginia. And my was it a fast and tiring trip. We went to attend my best friend Hannah's wedding, and let me tell you that it was the c-u-t-e-s-t wedding of all time. She had all the bridesmaid in different 50s vintage dresses, which were absolutely adorable. Her dress was amazing! It was vintage as well. And the barn turned out beautiful just like I knew it would.
We are so happy for Hannah and Jake. It's fun seeing friends get married, and my hopes is that even if we don't live near each other we will still visit each other when we are old. Which I'm sure will happen because, sorry Han-but you're not getting rid of me :)
It was GREAT to see the family too. All the little nieces and nephews are a hoot! Tyler keeps quoting things that they say. Our favorites were our little nephews Isaac and Alek. They were so grown up in there speech.
Alek, in trying to get his sister's attention amidst all the commotion going on in the family room, keeps saying "Excuse me! Excuse me!" Until his little sister finally turns to him, and he lowers his voice, "Excuse me Glenna, would you like to go outside with me?" Let me tell you, Alek is 2 1/2 years old (almost 3).
Then, Isaac, while telling us about his trip to Minnesota for their family reunion, Tyler asks, "What was your favorite part of the trip." Isaac says, "Actually, I loved the pools!" What 3 year old child uses the word actually!
The last story I'll tell is how we found out that our nephew Taz runs like Juggernaut.

With his arms out and his head down like he is about to punch through the wall. It was so funny!
Another surprising event was that we got to see Rachel Marquez! Who knew that woman of travel would be in good ol' VA at the same time we were. It was so great to her and hear about her adventures. One day I hope to match her in all the places she's been, but that might not happen 'til the next life. Though people say traveling to foreign countries with children is better because the people usually love seeing kids. And the fact that I've had multiple people tell me already that they think our kids will be beautiful, gives me a hunch that traveling abroad will bring about the same attention when they are really here.
The Higa's are coming up today! They are actually probably already in Utah as we speak (read, write?.....whatever) And guess what! They get to stay with us!!! Because we actually have room in our house to have guests! Wooooohoooooo! (By the way, pictures will be coming soon of the flip that I've done, I think its turned out really cute, but we'll see what you say)
Follow-up: We were planning on taking post-wedding potraits when we were home, but we just ran out of time, which I thought we would. So maybe next summer.....who knows.
Other than that, I'm just dying for summer term to be over. Not that I hate my classes, but I'm just ready to be done with having homework to do. I want to be able to just sit and relax and not worry about school. In the meantime I'll just pretend like I can do that :) Hence the reason I don't feel like working on a paper right now. Eh, it's not due til Monday. I've got plenty of time....right??
No comments:
Post a Comment