Tyler was astonished about how excited I was. Really I was woohoo-ing and dancing around for about 5 minutes. But really--I am never that lucky girl who wins things. I've gone to so many events with door prizes and nothing. Fairs and Carnivals just suck the money right out of my pocket without any return of a stuffed animals or a prize. I'm just not lucky. So the fact that I a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y won something was AMAZING!!!!
Tyler being his normal, cautious self said, "Babe what if it's a scam!" In my over-joyed state of being I assured him it was not, and that this giftcard would not go towards food (like the ones from our wedding, which we lived off of for the first 4 months of our marriage) but in fact would go towards decorating and my new hobby of refinishing furniture.
Which by the way is going pretty well. I bought some fabric for the chairs that I think will look really nice. It's a neutral goldish/creamish color, so that way when we move I don't have to stick to the same color scheme in the dining room if I don't want to. Anyways, I was having a hard time figuring out how to add more cushion to the seats. And I found my solution just looking at all the amazing blogs out there. Dun duh dun! (Drum roll please)

It's a cushion foam that's pre-made. I was so happy because on Saturday we went around looking at Home Depot, Fabric stores, and Upholstery shops, I couldn't find any anywhere. I was getting discouraged, but thanks to those who are willing to share their projects I'm now able to do mine. So I ordered 6, and the best part was that they were on sale for 53% off!! AND I got free shipping! I know, great deal huh!?!?!
Other than that, I've just been doing my normal student thing, took a test today, homework, and practicing like a dog. 9 hours a week. Isn't that ridiculous!? Yeah I know, but hey, it'll make me the best singer that I can be. Which by the way I had to sing in class last night, and besides get the normal shakes from the adrenaline, I got a lot of compliments on how much I've improved my sound. I was VERY happy about that. Nice to know that the hard work is paying off.
One last thing, there is a little hiccup with the chairs. If you look in the picture below you'll see the intricate legs, the pendant on top, and the middle portion of the back and I just can't get a good paint job in them; and when I try it takes a really long time to paint. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I thought about trying to spray paint, but we'll see. For now I'll just keep with my brushes and try my best! Patience is the key right?
YAY for winning :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete