We'll start out with the front of the house.
This was before, with the overgrown everything. And I'm pretty sure this is when the previous residents had just moved in. So imagine more growth over the next 10 months that they lived here.So now into the house we go. First off is the living room. Does anyone remember that hideous bright blue!?!?! I do!
Before. Zebra rug? I mean I LOVE animal print, but I think it is just a bit much, but who am I to say anything right??? Here are the after, sorry for the sucky quality.I repainted a calmer lighter blue and an accent wall. I have yellow as the accent color which surprised me at first because I didn't use to be a yellow girl. But I have converted. I even bought a yellow pair of toms :) I love them. Anyways back to the house. I painted strips on the accent wall because I saw it on a show on HGTV and wanted to try it myself. Other than taping the strips it was easy! Just buy some polycrylic gloss and paint away. I like it, it's subtle but cool I think :) We still need to hang up pictures and stuff on the walls, but after Tyler drilling the 20 holes for the curtain rods I thought I'd wait awhile because man are these walls THICK!
Here are the mantle before and after. There isn't much different. But I will say, the mirrors she had on before we stuck on the wall with those sticky hang up squares. You know the ones you use for those hooks, well yeah lets just say getting the junk off the wall was not easy. We pretty much had to break the mirrors to get it off, and then the left over residue only came off by rubbing your finger over it really fast, which caused calluses.


I suppose I should put up pictures of the rest of the house, but I'll wait til I have nothing left to write and just post them in the next blog entry, because I hate that whole having to drag the pictures down from the top of the entry to where they need to go in the entry. Anyone know a way around that. But speaking of the dining room....we got the table! And not the chairs I originally thought we would get because they had already sold. Which in the end was better anyways because we found better chairs. So here is a sneak peak :)
If you don't remember what the table use to look like scroll down to the previous entry. There is a picture there. But it has been so much fun redoing this table. Work, but fun work! I can't wait 'til its all finished and I can tell you about my adventures. One little thing that I told tyler when I started this was if the project went well he should prepare himself for lots more refinishing of furniture. Then the other day I was joking about how I could make a living out of this. And he joked back about me going to school all these years to get a degree in Music when I could have just been doing this all along. :) All joking aside, it has been a fun hobby for me to pick up and learn about!
Here are the wonderful chairs. Got them off ksl! (The only thing I'll miss about Utah) Guess how much. $25 for 6 chairs. That's less than 5 bucks a chair. There is one with arm rests the rest are just like the one in the picture. But they are truly antiques, the 60 year old lady I got them from said that these were her husband's parent's chairs. But they are perfect. Just enough detail and character. I'm painting, distressing, and aging the paint. Then adding more cushion and reupholstering the seats! Woohoo for home projects!
this looks amazing!!!! looove the paint color and your house is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAimoku,
ReplyDeleteYou are the winner of the $35 Target gift card! Thanks so much for following my blog, and as soon as I have your address I will send you your gift card!
XOXO,
Christa
www.storiesofahouse.com