Going up to Idaho was just the thing I needed. It was a quick trip, but a fun one too.


And getting to see this girl's beautiful face was the best! I swear it was non-stop talking from the moment I got there til I left. To use a quote that I've always wanted to use from In Her Shoes, "Half the fun of sex is talking about it." (Now, now don't worry this isn't going to get suggestive). I think that this quote applies to many things in life, and especially for women.
Half the fun of anything is getting to talk to someone about it. I mean when something exciting happens what is the first thing that you want to run and do. Well for me, I know its that I want to run and tell someone about it. Why? Well for the obvious reason so that the person you tell can be excited, or whatever emotion, with you. And being able to talk with a close friend again was just therapeutic in a way. Put simply, it was just so nice. We laughed so much! It was a great reuniting.
Upon my return, I already knew that Provo was popping with people. I think on my way home I saw at least 3 accidents all within a few mile radius. There were tons of cars parked out on the street. Pedestrians everywhere. You could almost touch the excitement and anxiousness that was in the air.
The first day of school was no different. Freshman wandering the campus wondering what building their first class is in. The seniors on campus excited by the fact that they are nearing the end, but in the same second fearful of entering the workforce. For me, it has been a good first week. Long. But good. I didn't make the choir that I wanted to, which I was sad by at first, but quickly realized the many opportunities I've had and will have this last year. I got a call unexpectedly saying that if I wanted to be in the Fall Opera Chorus I could just say so and not audition. The opera is The Magic Flute and I can't wait to be apart of it and on stage again. This time is a well funded show. I am flabbergasted that the end is near. The past 4 years of my life have been consumed with school and learning. Going into teaching won't change that, but as was said in my Choral Practicum class, I need to "start thinking like a teacher." Soon I will be on the other side of education. The idea is thrilling and shocking all at the same time.
The wonderful thing about this semester is I only have one class in the evening on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So all day I get to do whatever I want. I'm sure as classes get into the groove I will have more, but still not enough to consume a whole day. So what am I going to do with all the extra time? You guessed it, CRAFTS!!!
Half the fun of anything is getting to talk to someone about it. I mean when something exciting happens what is the first thing that you want to run and do. Well for me, I know its that I want to run and tell someone about it. Why? Well for the obvious reason so that the person you tell can be excited, or whatever emotion, with you. And being able to talk with a close friend again was just therapeutic in a way. Put simply, it was just so nice. We laughed so much! It was a great reuniting.
Upon my return, I already knew that Provo was popping with people. I think on my way home I saw at least 3 accidents all within a few mile radius. There were tons of cars parked out on the street. Pedestrians everywhere. You could almost touch the excitement and anxiousness that was in the air.
The first day of school was no different. Freshman wandering the campus wondering what building their first class is in. The seniors on campus excited by the fact that they are nearing the end, but in the same second fearful of entering the workforce. For me, it has been a good first week. Long. But good. I didn't make the choir that I wanted to, which I was sad by at first, but quickly realized the many opportunities I've had and will have this last year. I got a call unexpectedly saying that if I wanted to be in the Fall Opera Chorus I could just say so and not audition. The opera is The Magic Flute and I can't wait to be apart of it and on stage again. This time is a well funded show. I am flabbergasted that the end is near. The past 4 years of my life have been consumed with school and learning. Going into teaching won't change that, but as was said in my Choral Practicum class, I need to "start thinking like a teacher." Soon I will be on the other side of education. The idea is thrilling and shocking all at the same time.
The wonderful thing about this semester is I only have one class in the evening on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So all day I get to do whatever I want. I'm sure as classes get into the groove I will have more, but still not enough to consume a whole day. So what am I going to do with all the extra time? You guessed it, CRAFTS!!!
Tonight, if everything goes well, we are going to look at and hopefully purchase this table.




I know, it doesn't look like anything spectacular. But just you wait ("Henry Higgins, just you wait" name that show) Then tomorrow, after we go paragliding (I know f-i-n-a-l-l-y right?) We are buying these cane chairs. And I am going to refinish everything and add cushions to the chairs. It'll be a fun project. Inspiration? Miss Mustard Seed and buying and refinishing a table and chairs. I'm not sure mine will turn out quite like this, but I hope




But I'm SO excited. She has a lot of tips on how to do everything in her blog. And I have a great brother who is a carpenter himself, so I call him with any question I have. And you can be excited too, because I'll post things along the way to show you how everything is coming.
Here's goodbye to the current table and in with the next :) I can't say old because the one we have now is newer and I'm hoping to age the next :)
Here's goodbye to the current table and in with the next :) I can't say old because the one we have now is newer and I'm hoping to age the next :)
Hey really nice website, I noticed your website when doing study on some methods to develop my web log. I was simply inquiring which spam software system you use for comments as I get tons on my site.
ReplyDelete