Oh the things that happen in one year. We've traveled a ton together, and I love having a travel buddy. We've gone to Virginia, California, Idaho, New York, Maryland, St. Maarten, driven through many states. We've upgraded apartments from our cozy 1 bedroom, where no matter where we stood in the apartment we could most likely always see each other. Now we are in a lovely and spacious 2 bedrooms. We have camped together. We have hiked together. We have had our share of fights, none deadly, and Tyler being his cute self can never stay mad at me long (a quality I hope will last through the upcoming years). We have planted flowers together. We have taught classes and given talks together. And most importantly we have built a long lasting relationship and friendship together.
I am not one of those girls who blogs or puts her status about how much she adores and loves her husband. It doesn't mean that I don't, its just that I like to share those comments with him and not the world. But one thing I will say is he is my absolute best friend. He makes me laugh. He knows exactly what to say when I'm sad. He's the best cook! (Which is good because I enjoy baking more, but cooking together is fun too) And I adore spending all my time with him.
Friday we went out to dinner to La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods place. Anyone in Provo I highly recommend you try it because its delicious gourmet food that is not expensive but tastes amazing! Saturday we didn't do much, just hit up the farmers market, a few garage sales, and mostly just relaxed at home. Yesterday, I woke up to breakfast in bed, a beautiful vase of roses, a card, oreos and redvines (my favorite).
So may wonder, what happened to the 'doing something extreme.' Don't you worry my friends! Next Saturday, weather permitting, we are going PARAGLIDING!
The difference from hang gliding is that your sitting instead of laying. But I am so excited. It is a little bit pricey, but if you think about it (as we did) it equals out to driving somewhere (most likely park city) getting a hotel for the night, dinner, movie, and another small activity. So we figured this was the way we wanted to share our anniversary. We will do a lesson with the instructors and they said, "Our goal is to get you guys to jump as much as possible." We'll learn how to use the equipment and then start on the baby hills and jump off and see how much air we can get. If we get the hang of it pretty quick then we get to jump off the big hill. We'll do this for about 4 hours. So I'm excited to say the least!!!The plan for the week since Tyler will be at work is to go visit Kristen in Rexburg. I'm hoping that I can catch a ride for one of the legs of the trip. But if not, its ok! It'll be so nice because she and I haven't had time to spend together for at least a year now, and I think we have a lot of catching up to do.
As for the last post....I was just feeling lonely. I have met a TON of lovely girls in Provo. But I'm just a weirdy because I still feel like calling some of them to just come over and chill with me at the house is to burdensome on them. Tyler is helping me get over that, but its just a fact of my life. I'm a chicken when it comes to asking people to do stuff for or with me.
Anyways, yay for one year, and for the many years to come!
happy anniversary! if i lived in provo i would totally come hangout. but unfortunately i don't. so we will just have to hangout at my farewell--mark your calendar for october 17th! good luck at school this semester! i love you!
ReplyDeleteif I were in Utah I would be at your place in a HEART BEAT to just sit around and hang out!! love you moks!!! miss you!!! Oh and paragliding!! I have to hear all about it!!! soo exciting!!!
ReplyDelete