Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mrs. Teacher



I have successfully learned all 37 names of my 7th grade class at Dixon Middle School. But what do they call me? You got it! Mrs. Teacher. They have slowly started to learn my name, and really I don't mind because I'm finally becoming what I've worked so long to become! That being a TEACHER! (Its kind of funny that I picked a profession where I have to stand up in front of people and tell them what to do. That is not my personality at all. But in music you can just show them what to do and don't have to say a thing)


I have to admit that it took me the past couple weeks to motivate myself to getting back into school mode. I was just dragging my feet. But I have to say I do love going to the Dixon everyday and seeing the students. It reaffirms to me everyday that I really did choose the right career, because I love going!

No embarrassing stories yet to tell. But I'm sure that they will come.


The latest news is we bought another car so that I can get to school and so can Tyler. Here she is, works great and not to shabby of a price either!



Its really clean on the inside, and its pretty nice too. Another leather seat car with fun features, a much better blessing than we could've hoped for.

Craft wise. I made this pillow, flower, piping, and all. And I quite like how it turned out.



Making the flowers took the longest, the pillow was a cinch to put together, so just don't examine the inside to closely, I haven't quite gotten a hang of sewing straight lines yet :)

Inspiration for the pillow came from this pillow I'd seen in Target and have loved for months! But it was 24.99
. And now with the material and pillows I bought, I can make 2 pillows for $15!



I also hung up some empty frames in our room so it doesn't look so bare, and made this little puff ball out of coffee filters and a Styrofoam ball. Hot glue does wonders! Its different I know, but I like it, and at this point that'
Closer view of it.....

Other than that, life is the same. One though that I most certainly cannot complain about because things are going great!

6 comments:

  1. I like the car and the puff ball! I am going to use the coffee filter thing for Kevins "100th day of school" project! I'll send pics when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Heavens. You are the QUEEN of multi-tasking and creativity! Holy cow, Mo! I literally gasped at every picture! haha I LOVE it all! You could totally make some bucks with your talent for simplicity and frugality. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! I LOVE the pillows and the coffee filter pom pom! How did you do that! SO CUTE!! I love it! Love the new car! that's so exciting! Looks like you guys are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE to help me with my place. I just can't think of anything cool to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooow! really impressed with the pillow. did you use any online tutorial for the flowers? i've been wanting to make a pillow with those since i saw them at target too!!! bravo

    ReplyDelete