"No man among us can tell what tomorrow may be like. All we know of a certainty is that it will be different from today."
Well December flew by! Mom came to visit me and then I went to visit her :) The holidays were great, but man are they over and done with. School is back and session and in flew blown course. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just this last semester of a full schedule, one class in spring, and student teaching next fall! Then I will be an official college graduate! Woohooooooo! It's what I've always wanted.
The quote above came from a talk I read for a class. And after tonight's CES fireside, I think the Lord is really trying to tell me to take everything one day at a time! So that is the goal.
Other goals for this year:
Spiritual:
- Daily prayers and scripture study as an individual and couple we are 9 for 9 so far!
- Give consistent fast offerings
- Go to the temple more often (at least once a month if not more)
Health/Physical:
- Run a 5k in March
- Plan weekly meals
- No sweets/sugar during the week
Other:
- Send out birthday cards to all family
- Plan and stick to a budget
Overall we are doing pretty good. We are a little behind on the birthday cards already, but we're working on it!!
This semester is looking to be a great last semester! I'm headed out to the public schools for 2 hours a day, I'm in choral arranging, percussion workshop, choir, voice lessons, music history, and last part of teacher prep with practicum.
But there is the constant reminder from the Lord for me to take this all one day at a time!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you are doing great! Such good goals. You're awesome, Mo. It was so wonderful and refreshing to see you over break! I miss you and love you!
ReplyDelete