This weekend Tyler and I ran our 5k. It turned out to be so much fun! So here are some pictures! (I know I rarely do picture posts so woohoo! Photos courtesy of the wonderful Kaycee Higa)
The next few pictures are us waiting for them to say go. It was a 'race' against the mayor and so they let him have a head start.
The atmosphere was awesome! That many people running together made the adrenaline pump even more. Then when we were done we got protein bars and fruit, free Breakfast from Magelby's (a great bakery in UT), and free massages!
My best 3 mile time was 35.15 before the race, and I did 3.1 miles in 35.11, so I'm proud of myself. We didn't walk at all, and believe it or not we are now going to work to a 10k and hopefully do another 5k this summer.
Even though I'm sure lots of people run 3 miles, that is a big accomplishment for non-runner me! And I can't wait to say that I can do 6.2 for the 10k!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOUUUUU!!!
ReplyDeleteAimoku, that's fantastic! I tried a 10k & it was a blast, even if I averaged 10 minute miles. :) It's just a great experience—especially if you score a massage.
ReplyDelete