Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Graduation & Family





It is official, we have GRADUATED! This past week has been the best week of the summer. Tyler's parents, my Mom, Meleana, and Kainoa came into town, and man did we have fun!

First, here are some pictures from the week. (look for my pink tassle! I love it!)


Tyler and me walking across the stage to get our diplomas.

Sitting and waiting for commencement to start

Tyler's parents

My family

Parrish and Dayna being cute at Antelope Island

Kainoa at the Great Salt Lake

We kept the family busy with a long list of tourist things to do and places to show them, which included:

- Touring BYU campus (I was very thorough :) and gave them tours of several buildings)
- Family dinner at Brick Oven
- Touring LDS Motion Picture Studios where Tyler use to work
- Going to Commencement
- Drive in the Canyon
- Hiking Stewart Falls, my mom went too, and she did great! Did all 4 miles!
- Foil dinners after the hike
- Convocation
- Family BBQ at Uncle Kirks
- Dollar movie with Meleana and Kainoa
- Rugby and Basketball for Tyler and Kainoa
- Session in the Salt Lake Temple
- Antelope Island to see buffalo and antelope, and we had a nice picnic overlooking the Salt Lake
- Dinner at La Jolla Groves
- Church on Sunday
- Drive up to Squaw Peak to see the whole valley
- And then to top the trip off we went boating on the last day. 7.5 hours. We wakeboarded (or just got dragged behind the boat because I couldn't get up....:) ) tubed, knee boarded, swam, cliff jumped, lunch on the lake, and road around on an awesome boat.



Now all the family is headed home and real life is starting to set back in. Tyler left early for work this morning and I am helping Brianna finish planning for her wedding this Friday. Student teaching starts in two weeks, and I've yet to really here back from my teacher, but I'm sure he'll contact me, if not I'll contact him.

It'll be weird that we aren't students anymore. When I went to pick up our cap & gowns and I was walking around campus I couldn't believe that I was really done with this place I've lived for the last 4 plus years. BYU has been a great home and I have loved my college experience. Now its time for real life to start :) And with the amazing family I have and the wonderful husband too, I am excited for this new chapter of our lives.

Oh and school. Well we aren't really done. Tyler will be back in 3 years or so to get a Master's in Administration and he made me a deal, that if he gets his masters at some point I will too. So I'll be a student again sometime in the future! Just you wait Masters of choral conducting program because I'm comin'!

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun! I even forgot about some of the things we did cause we did so much, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete