Well the months came and went with still no positive tests. And each time I took one and it was negative the feelings just kept piling on that there was something wrong with me. All my life I had known that I wanted to be a mother. Ask my Young Women's leaders and friends, they would all back me up. Even when I was in high school I knew that I wanted to be a choir teacher, and that it would be the perfect schedule for being a mom. And now that it was time for me to actually become one, I couldn't. I wasn't.
We took countless numbers of Sunday walks. Each Sunday it was a switch off it seemed like of who was comforting whom. Tyler was angry because he had such a desire to become a Father. I just couldn't understand how the thing that our church is primarily based around, Families, was not being given to us. Here we were a young couple, married in the temple, and couldn't get pregnant.
I knew that things would work out. I had faith in my Heavenly Father that his ultimate plan for us was greater than our plan for ourselves. Yet still, the sadness was real and I couldn't help thinking that I was inadequate in some way.
We decided to talk to our friend in our ward who is an RN and works for an OBGYN. She gave us some sound advice on things to do (if only that doctor would have told us the same things). She told us that intercourse every day was not good. That we should try every other day when we thought we were ovulating. She said she wouldn't do a semen analysis yet but that I should also go in and get blood work done to check out several different hormone level.
So I did. And the results came back that everything was normal. Which in all honesty I was disappointed with. I was hoping that something would come back and there would be our fix. We had now been trying for 11 months. It felt like an eternity. The year mark was approaching. I was still charting every day and also was taking ovulation tests every month.
The semester was about to begin, and my old visiting teacher and friend was moving back from being gone during the summer. She asked how things had been going and if we had had any more luck. I said no and told her about the things that we were trying. She told me about a natural medicine route that she had taken with talking to an energy reader in high school with a health problem she had. He wasn't the kind who put his hands over you and read your energy, but was a little different. She gave me his number and offered to talk to him for or with me.
After talking to him, he said that I had a hormonal imbalance which I thought was obvious because of my completely irregular menstrual cycles but was so confused when the blood tests came back normal. I would go 35 day, 32 days, 40 days, 62 days. Every month was different and it was frustrating!! He said that he had a female vitamin supplement that he would like me to take to balance things out.
Yes, we are hippies (as you'll see when I post about our prenatal care choices). But he sent the supplements, and the month I started to take them (September) is the month that we finally got pregnant! So after 13 long months of trying, the 14th month was finally the charm. And because I had been charting and taking ovulation tests, we knew our exact dates of the start of my last period and our conception date. We waited the 18 days for my temperature to stay high, and then took the test (which by then I knew I was pregnant). Tyler was hesitant to get his hopes up because of all the negative tests we had gotten before (which is understandable).
So we bought our at home pregnancy test and took it at 10:00 at night on Thursday October 13th and it was a POSITIVE! We were elated. I even called my mom and sister at midnight there time to tell them.
We are so grateful for the many prayers and fasts that we know people offered in our behalf. We truly felt your support for us. And we are so excited to welcome this little one into the world and our family in June!
oh my gosh Aimoku you have no idea how hard this hits home! We've been trying for 7 or 8 months now and nothing seems to work. Its so hard. I'm totally looking into that book. And what are those pills? I'm sooo willig try anything.
ReplyDeleteI am so so excited for you!!!!!
Moks! All of this is soo interesting. I'm glad you posted it so people can read it :) I'm so happy to know everything worked out, I'd been wondering every since we hung out in Arizona :) LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete