Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pregnancy Exercise

Note: Pictures are forthcoming--I'm sorry I've been a slacker these weeks...But we are under 5 weeks left!  The home stretch!!!!!!


Now I am not the person to be writing about what you should do for exercise in pregnancy.  I haven't done as great as I hoped I would, but I'm not gonna go there (what's done is done right?).  Mostly I wanted to share something that Tyler put together for me. I told him a couple of weeks ago to put together a week's workout for me.  Nothing to hard or strenuous or unattainable. And it wasn't to get me super in shape, but just to keep me active and healthy for delivery and birth (and I hope will help recovery go quicker and help my body get back to its normal self, or as close as possible since I know it won't ever truly be the same).  So he being the man he is did his thorough research and put together this wonderful workout that I've really enjoyed doing and wanted to share.

Here it is:


Before each workout you may want to begin with a light warm up routine (6 minutes)

Monday
·         Walk two miles
·         Do Prenatal Pilates Part 1 (10 minutes)
·         Exercise Band Workout
o   Chest Extensions – put band around your back. Arms and palms should be in line with shoulders and facing forward. Slowly push your palms straight out until your arms are fully extended, then return to your starting position.
§  8 to 10 reps
o   Arm Curls – sitting down on a chair, place the exercise band below your feet. Have your palms facing upward and slowly extend your arms from your midwaist up to your shoulders.
§  8 to 10 reps

Tuesday
·         5 sets of stairs near the duck pond
·         Pregnancy Workout – Shoulder and Obliques (6 minutes)
·         Finish with Pregnancy Yoga (8 minutes)


Wednesday
·         1 ½ mile jog/walk
o   On the track – jog the straightaways and walk to turns. If you are feeling tired or lightheaded then just walk the whole thing.
·         Pregnancy Exercises – Chest and Triceps
o   You can cut this out if it is too much along with the Pilates for the day.
·         Do Prenatal Pilates Part 2 (10 minutes)


Thursday
·         3 sets of stairs followed by a 1 to 2 mile walk
·         Exercise Band Workout
o   Chest Extensions – put band around your back. Arms and palms should be in line with shoulders and facing forward. Slowly push your palms straight out until your arms are fully extended, then return to your starting position.
§  8 to 10 reps
o   Arm Curls – sitting down on a chair, place the exercise band below your feet. Have your palms facing upward and slowly extend your arms from your midwaist up to your shoulders.
§  8 to 10 reps
·         Pregnancy Exercise – Back and Butt Workout (5 minutes)
·         Finish with Pregnancy Yoga (8 minutes)


Friday
·         2 mile walk
o   You can try walking with water bottles or small weights in your hand but they are not needed.
·         Pregnancy Workout – Biceps and Legs Workout (6 minutes)
·         Finish with Prenatal Pilates Part 3 (10 minutes)


I'I really like the videos, they are exactly what I was looking for. He was cute and put an addendum at the end all about the things you need to make sure you do for being safe-making sure you wear breathable clothing, never get overheated, drink lots of water, making sure to do too much, etc. He's great!

This has been a great 3rd trimester workout and I'm so thankful for Tyler putting it together.

3 comments:

  1. Moks! I love this! I want to try doing it :) Tell Tyler Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aimoku!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am home and you are preggo!!!!!!
    i just wanted to saw hello, i love you, and call me.
    801-995-5793
    love, kelli jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW! I love Tyler! He is so wonderful to put this together for you! Figuring out what to do is always the hardest part for me. Miss you and am so excited that the baby will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete