Thursday, May 3, 2012

Virginia Trip

We had a real spring break this year! That's a first since starting at BYU. So we took advantage of the time off and headed to Virginia for a trip to visit family before this baby comes.  (Hence the no picture journals for a while)

Flying was interesting. Not horrible, but not the most pleasant thing either at this point.  The only real effect was my "broken ankles" as Tyler kept referring to them as. Such a sweet husband isn't he? :) But I had tied my shoes tight to keep my feet from swelling, so instead my ankles got really swollen.  Hahaha of course.

Tyler was only able to stay for the weekend because he had to be back for work, so it was a quick trip for him.  But in his quick trip he completed the Primal Mud Run with Mark our brother-in-law.  This was a crazy run. 4 miles with all kinds of intense obstacles. Jumping over hay bales. Climbing over walls of all different heights. Swimming in a cold farm pond under huge barrels. Doing ropes courses. Swimming through trenches of mud water with barbed wire overhead. And much more that I'm not even sure of. Here is a picture of them after they finished. Gross huh? But they had a blast.



We also got to go to my oldest nephew's baptism while we were home which was great.  Living out in Utah we usually miss all those big events in their lives, so it was wonderful to be able to be a part of it.

I stayed an extra week since I didn't have anything to rush back for. But man was it hard to be apart from Tyler.  Usually I do just fine, not that I don't love him, I can just handle being away for a little bit. But this time being pregnant, I really missed him.  So when I flew home I was so glad to be back with him.

It was great to be home with family for a little while, and we loved our trip.  I can't believe the next time we go back (at Christmas) this little guy will be over 6 months old. Time will fly I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment