Finally as promised here are pictures of our new place. We absolutely love it out here-it reminds me so much of my house I grew up in back in VA. Out in the country and off the beaten path. We live on the main floor of the house, and the home owners (who we love!) live upstairs. They have four kids, and their youngest is only 4 days younger than Kaiewa. They have their own entrance on the side of the house, so the front door is ours. They have cows, horses, a rooster, a dog, and some cats. There are sheep and goats just across the street. Tyler loves to take Kaiewa to see all the animals. There is a little play set on the side of the house that as Kaiewa gets bigger he'll love to play on, for now we just set him on it like we do on the trampoline.
Here is our little view. On a clear day it is absolutely gorgeous! We can see the whole valley and its great. Let me give a little tour of the inside. I apologize some of the pictures are a little fuzzy and I was to lazy to go take more pictures and load them on the computer :)
When you walk in the front door you go straight into our living room.
As you can tell I'm not done with all the decor. The empty picture frames and the blank canvas. I do have plans for them, but haven't gotten around to doing them yet :)
Next you go down the hallway and there is our coat closet and the wood burning stove that we don't use.
Then comes our beautiful kitchen and dining room. I should have taken a picture of our view through the back sliding doors, you can see the Y and all the way up the valley. To the left of this picture is Kaiewa's nursery, but I'm saving that for the end of the post.
Here is the master bedroom-yes the curtains don't touch the floor, I have to add fabric to them. Oh the list of projects. They will get done. And then we'll move. Ha!
We love all our closet space. That is something we didn't have in our last house. Tyler used the spare bedroom closet plus half of our bedroom closet. Now we have our own plus the middle one has our dresser in it. It's great!
Here is our bathroom. The shower is behind the door, and there is a linen closet that I didn't picture across from the toilet.
When you walk out of our room there is a hallway that has the laundry to the far left, the living room just past the wall, and straight down the hallway is our guest bathroom and third bedroom/office/miscellaneous room.
Guest bathroom
Office/Guest Bedroom/Grab bag room :) I want to get rid of the black bookcase and make a bench/chest for the bay window and then get a hide-a-bed couch to keep in here as well for guests. Again in time, if money allows :)
And now for what you've been waiting for (hahah) Kaiewa's nursery! It's not completely done either, but it is the closest room to being finished, just a few minor details I would like to add. I was going for a surfer kind of theme, but other than the pictures there isn't a whole lot that contributes to that. It turned out to just be mostly the colors that became the theme. Mint green, orange, tan/brown, and gray. So here is if you enter his room off the kitchen/dining room.
This picture is one I took in Hawaii and then my brother-in-law drew it for me and framed it. The little bookcase my sister helped me repaint.
Then we have his crib, hamper, and rocker/sleeper. I sewed his bumper, and made the little pillow in his crib from one of those easy craft pinterest posts. I still want to make a mobile to hang and then something else to put above his crib on that blank wall. Any suggestions? I thought some surf board kind of thing. Or his name framed. We'll see. And yes the curtains in here need to be finished too.
Here is a little clay vase/pot that was made by a friend, and a little frame that I have yet to get a picture of Kaiewa in. Maybe he'll think it's his friend/cousin/somone :) (anyone name that friends episode where the stock photos are Phoebe's family?)
We redid this chair. We bought it off KSL. Painted it. Yes you read that right. We painted it gray (tutorial here) and then made it into a rocking chair by taking off the legs and adding a rocking unit (tutorial here)
Tyler was amazing and redid this dresser for me because I couldn't be around all the fumes when I was pregnant. He did a great job!
I painted these silhouette pictures of the ocean, a surfer, and a palm tree (thanks Leah for helping)
And here is Kaiewa's favorite spot to play, his changing station.
And last but not least, the view out his window. Better on a clear day, but still it's gorgeous and we LOVE living out here!
The dresser and the bumper are my favorite!!!!!! Tyler did an amazing job on the dresser. The numbers and the drawer pulls and the natural wood--it's all so awesome! And where did you get the fabric for the bumper? It's so cute! And it looks totally profesh!
ReplyDeleteHe did do a great job on the dresser, and it was his first furniture redo. The fabric I got from a little fabric store in orem behind Joann's and that strip mall. It's called the fabric mill. I won't lie, the fabric was a little pricey and I probably could've found things online that were cheaper, but they had just what I wanted so I just bought it.
ReplyDelete