Wednesday, November 7, 2012

4 Months


Well it's that time again, it's a little late, but you know how life goes. It's crazy how quickly these months go by and watching our little guy grow.

At his 4 month check up he was average in head circumference and weight at 16 3/4 in and 15 lbs. He is above average in height (85%) 25.9 in long.


Each day I think I can't believe how fast his babyhood (yeah probably not a word I know) already seems to be going by. So I find myself trying to cherish as many moments as I can. Here are some of those and some of his little things he does.

- He rarely falls asleep in my arms these days. So when he does I make sure to hold him just a little longer before I lay him down in his crib.

- The ONLY time he lets me cradle him like a little baby is after his bath and I have him swaddled up in his towel to keep him warm.

- He's rollin', rollin', rollin'! He only goes from his back to his tummy really.  He can go from his tummy to his back, but that doesn't happen as often.


- If he's not chompin' away on his hands, fists, fingers, or thumbs-he's suckin' on his bottom lip. No idea why, but you look at him and all you can see is his top lip.

- He's starting to grab at things. He doesn't have the best aim, but he's getting there.

- Tyler's proudest moment so far is when Kaiewa held on to his little basketball.

- He has his night-time/bedtime routine down pat, never cries when we lay him down for bed.

- He did have a week there was he was waking up 2-3 times a night. He would eat and then knock back out. I attribute it to being social and not getting enough calories during the day/a little sickness/rolling over

- He still eats about every 3 hours. Sometimes a little more. Sometimes a little less. Usually 5, sometimes 6, times a day.

- He doesn't cry in his carseat anymore. Instead he looks around, and most of the time knocks out.



- He went to open gym with Tyler and LOVED watching the boys play basketball. Hurray for the season starting soon and going to the games.

- He sits in his bumbo like a pro and has for weeks now.

- We can't lay him on our bed for naps too much anymore because he squirms so much and is always in a different position than we set him in.

 

- He drools a ton.

- He babbles now, not just cooing. And man does he chat up a storm. I pretend sometimes he's telling me how much he loves me :)

       

- When he eats he either grabs onto my shirt or incessantly moves his arm up and down.

- He likes to be close when we are in public or crowds, but he also loves looking around at all the people.

- He likes watching sports with his daddy already.

- He has this funny little babble that sounds more like a whine than a babble, but he's not whining.




- He makes the funniest faces and has the most expressive eyebrows ever.

Mom! Not now!

- When he's mad/hungry and crying he does the weirdest thing with his tongue. He lifts one side of it up. I really don't know how to explain it. But its funny and sometimes I let him cry a little longer so I can see him do it and laugh. Awful mom I know, but it's funny stuff.

- Even when he cries, which isn't often, I still think he is the cutest thing ever. And it probably annoys him that I don't try to console him (he's thinking Mom! I'm crying here! Take me seriously!) but just hug him and tell him how cute he is and laugh.

- He has done this since he was 6 weeks, but he makes such great eye contact and tracks you wherever you go.

- He giggles. It's precious.


- I love to watch my two boys play. I know Kaiewa loves me, but Tyler can get him to laugh much more often than I can. And when Tyler gets home from work Kaiewa knows and just wants to be with his Daddy and play.

- He does this thing when you pick him up after naps or when he wakes up in the morning where he squirms and giggles with happiness. It's so cute. He's so happy to be with you and is excited to be up and movin'

- When you change his diaper, before you unvelcro it he'll have his legs stretched out, but the second you pull it down to wipe him off he whips his legs up into the frog position.

- He has perfected his leg kick in the bath where he smacks the water just right with his heel to get a good splash. I know that sounds way to sophisticated for a baby, but he really does it.

- Every night when I lay him down for bed he does two things. He'll stretch his arms out above his head, and then when I put the blanket over him he lifts both of his legs and bum up in the air and plops them down hard on the bed.

- He's starting to get more hair on his head, though you can't really tell in pictures.

- We think he's super photogenic, and a natural model. Of course we take a billion of the same pictures, but really, he gets a lot of good ones.













We sure love our little guy!!!




2 comments:

  1. I love this post the most! I read them but just realized how to comment. The doo-rag picture is my favorite. He is very photogenic, everyone says so. I can hardly wait to hold him, I want next week to fly by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH! He is seriously the most beautiful baby ever!

    ReplyDelete