I know I'm a bit late again on the month post, but since I was a little late in posting about Kaiewa's 4 month milestones I feel like this month was over before it even started. Our boy sure isn't a little baby anymore! He is growing so fast!
- He still loves the outdoors! I can't wait for him to experience the snow. He's eaten some of the little that we've had, but we haven't had much (which I am so grateful for by the way)
- Kaiewa rolls all over the place now. If he is on the floor, he'll quickly be on the other side of the room in no time. He rolls both tummy to back and back to tummy, and he'll go either direction. He goes back to tummy with ease, but going the other way his arm that he's rolling over gets a little stuck so sometimes he'll plop back.
- He had a brief period of time where he didn't chew his hands. He still doesn't do it as much as he was, but occasionally when everything else is out of reach he'll chew on those fingers.
- He has found his feet! At the beginning of the month, any time you changed his diaper his body would fold in half and he'd chew on his toes. He did it because he can't really reach them with his diaper on. Cloth diapers are much bigger than disposable.
- He can almost sit up on his own. I'll sit him in between my legs and most of the time he'll sit there, but sometimes he'll get so excited that he'll end up flopping forward or something.
- He holds onto things really well, and can grab at them no problem. The trick is hanging on to them. There have been many a toy thrown clear across the room.
- He has this funny bald patch on the side of his head. It looks like we took the clippers to just that one spot. But we didn't. I think the hair has been a little slower to grow there because for a long time it was just a really dry patch of skin. Plus we probably kept rubbing off any hair that was there when we put lotion on it.
- He has had this for a while, but when I do his laundry he has a whole load to himself. It's crazy that one little boy could have so many clothes.
- He's said mama, but not on purpose.
- He loves to play this little chasing game with Tyler. He'll laugh and laugh, and it never gets old to him.
- He grabs my face when eating/burping or if I'm just holding him.
- He still doesn't like pacifiers, but if he is fussy I'll give him one and he'll hold onto it and just chew away.
- He has started rice cereal. We probably gave it to him when he was 4.5 months. He does well with it, but he's not completely into it. Somedays he'll eat it all up, and others he just doesn't really care.
- He eats every 4 hours now.
- His schedule pretty much goes eats, then plays, then sleeps. He'll eat then play for 2ish hours, and down for 2ish hours.
- He takes 2 long naps during the day, and maybe a short one before bedtime.
- He goes to bed (we lay him in his crib) at 7, and he sleeps 'til 6:30, sometimes 7 but not often.
- He spits up allllll the time. Hence the reason he usually has a bib on.
- Everything goes in his mouth...of course :)
- He loves our water bottles. Obviously he doesn't drink out of them, but just chews on the nozzle.
- He loves to play the chasing game, where I hold him and Tyler chases him from behind. He laughs so much!
- He loves his little walker toy, though he mostly just chews on everything and only scoots backwards in it occasionally.
- He still loves his massages that he gets at night, and sometimes he'll even let us do his back. Look how much he splashed Tyler from the bath :)

- He is so calm in the mornings. He'll just sit there and chill.
- He scratches the rocking chair after he's done eating.
- And pretty much we think he is the most adorable baby boy ever. I mean look at this face!
- He loves our water bottles. Obviously he doesn't drink out of them, but just chews on the nozzle.
- He loves to play the chasing game, where I hold him and Tyler chases him from behind. He laughs so much!
- He loves his little walker toy, though he mostly just chews on everything and only scoots backwards in it occasionally.
- He still loves his massages that he gets at night, and sometimes he'll even let us do his back. Look how much he splashed Tyler from the bath :)

- He is so calm in the mornings. He'll just sit there and chill.
- He scratches the rocking chair after he's done eating.
- And pretty much we think he is the most adorable baby boy ever. I mean look at this face!


You don't need to feel bad about not being busy, wait until he stays awake longer and starts to crawl and then walk! He is so dang cute, we miss him so much! You guys are such a great little family, doing a wonderful job as parents. Can't believe he is 5 months old already.
ReplyDelete