Sunday, January 6, 2013

6 months


Kaiewa is half a year old already. I know I always say this but truly I can't believe it! He is growing and gaining more and more of his own personality everyday.

- He had his first holiday season. He spent Thanksgiving with the Higa side of the family. Then he spent Christmas with the Kala side. He met all his cousins, aunts, uncles, and admirers.

- He is sitting up like a pro. He'll still topple down sometimes but it doesn't scare him like it use to.

- He loves to 'fly'. We hold him parallel to the ground and he kicks his legs, opens his mouth really big, and scrunches his cute little nose and we fly him around the room.

- He has graduated to the big bath, and man does he love the room. He slides all around, and he'll sit up in it and splash the water with his hands.

- He has TWO teeth! I guess that "All I want for Christmas is my two front (bottom) teeth" came true for him. He did really well with getting them. He was a little fussy, but that was it. No fever or being a terror. The one tooth on the right came first and is the bigger one. The bottom left came next and it's still a little stub right now.

- He went on his third and fourth plane ride. He did really well. The trip to VA he slept most of the way (3 out of the 4 hours). I was so grateful because it was just me. On the way home he would sleep for a little and then wake up, but Tyler was there and so it was easier to juggle him between the two of us. He'd get a little fussy here and there but nothing too bad.

- He still just eats rice cereal. One bowl at dinner time. He'll start eating more foods this month. I've mostly held off just because I'm selfish. Breastfeeding is so easy, and introducing solids is just another thing to add to the list.

- He got his first minor diaper rash. Nothing awful, but when we were in VA for christmas he just wore disposables because I didn't want to deal with travelling and cloth diapers.

- He's going to start crawling soon I'm sure. He scooches backwards, and he'll prop himself up with his arms straight, but he doesn't do it all at the same time.

- He was all over the place with sleeping while we were travelling, which I'm sure is normal. He switched sooo quickly to East Coast Time. I couldn't believe it. It was a little rough for me because I would go to bed later there but he would still wake up really early. Now we're back home and he's doing better.

- He loved all the Christmas lights around.

- He did open some of his Christmas presents, but it would've taken all day if he opened them all :)

- He's laughing alllll the time.

- He's ticklish right on his sides, underneath his ribs.

- He grabs at everything and puts it right in his mouth.

- He rolls constantly if you lay him down on the carpet. We got home from VA and he was on one side of the living room, and then quickly made his way across the room and into the kitchen.


- He sleeps best in a crib, particularly his own.

- He's a show off in public. He loves seeing all the people everywhere and just smiles and kicks.

- He use to do this thing where he shook his head no all the time.

- He is getting such a little personality. He is such a happy baby who loves everything!


I posted most of his pictures of facebook this month, so that's why there are only a couple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment