
Oh how the tides have changed. With the start of the new year life has certainly picked up. Our little boy is army crawling all over the place and I'm sure any day he'll figure out how to be on all fours.
Remember this post where I said life was really slow? Well not too long after I wrote that post life starting getting a little more busy. A couple days before Christmas I received an email to call the President of the choir I had been singing with since September. I had an inkling of why he wanted me to call, but I wasn't going to jump ahead of myself. I called and asked if I would be the temporary conductor of the group for the semester. I knew they had been looking for someone because the former conductor was pregnant and having a baby. He said that they hadn't been able to find someone to make the 3 year commitment they wanted. He explained that if I would be able to do this for them, it would give them a change to search a little longer to find a permanent conductor.
Well, it goes without saying that I was beyond elated. This is exactly what I was looking for (THANK YOU Heavenly Father!).
Before this I had been complaining to Tyler about what I was going to do. I still wanted to go into the classroom, but that wouldn't be until our kids are school age and don't need me at home-which is quite some time from now. I asked how was I supposed to stay active and current in my field during that long gap of time. I didn't want to be entering the classroom 10+ years from now with no more experience then when I graduated and certainly be behind the times.
This job offer is a perfect solution! Honestly, it couldn't be better. The choir is the Spanish Fork Chorale. It is a small community choir of 20 members (which if you live in the area COME SING! We need more singers). We rehearse once a week on Tuesday nights from 7-9, and have 2 concerts. One in March, and the other in May. Totally doable right? Kaiewa is pretty much in bed when I leave. It's not an everyday huge commitment. Perfect.
On top of that, I joined another choir, so I can keep singing. They rehearse Thursdays 7:30-9:45, and have lots of concerts this season. I will be working at Tyler's school to help the drama teacher with the music part of the Spring Musical. It will be 1 hour after school a few days a week. And I just got my first real (real as in I'm not just doing it as a service, but I'm actually getting paid) voice student who will come once a week!
This is all such a huge answer to my prayers! The Lord truly has blessed me. I am so excited to be building more experience and really putting my degree to work.
On another note, I've made it a goal of mine to plan more playdates for Kaiewa and I. It has worked out really well.
I didn't really do a post about my New Year's Resolutions. I started writing it but I never finished (what a typical New Year's Resolution thing to do huh?), so I'll just make it an addendum to this one.
Intellectually:
- Read at least 6 books this year. Including, but not limited to-Fablehaven series, Divergent Series, books to do with Choir and Voice.
Spiritually:
- Write in my journal once a week. Usually on Sundays
- Read scriptures with the family before Kaiewa goes to bed
Physically:
- Lose 20 lbs. (more if possible, but I'll start there)
Financially
- Still trying to figure out what I want to do here. I want it to be something more than just "save for a down payment." Especially since we're already doing that. Any ideas?
Familial:
- Take more pictures
- Plan at least 1 fun trip for the summer
No comments:
Post a Comment