Sunday, February 17, 2013

7 months


Well I better get this posted because in 10 days Kaiewa will be 8 months. He is closer to a year old than he is a newborn now. CRAZY! But I absolutely love it. He is SO much fun to play with these days. He's so animated and loves everything! So I'll try to keep this short and sweet, seeing as I need to remember from almost two months ago what he was up to.

Doesn't he look like Mr. Miagi from Karate Kid?

- He sure is a chubbster these days. Look at those rolls! I could just squish them all day long. He looks like a little sumo wrestler here. Maybe Happy Sumo should use his picture for their ad now :)

- He sits up on his own like a champ. No more toppling over anymore.



- He LOVES all his baby food. He has yet to spit anything out that we've given him. And honestly, the more things that we've introduced, I truly think that he prefers veggies over fruits. Crazy kid, but I think the fruits tend to be more sweet and sour. He does loves pears though.

- He is eating baby food twice a day. Once after his morning nap and then again to start his bedtime to routine.

- He did get a really bad case of eczema on his back when we got back from VA. I think it was the drastic change in weather. Going from not really cold and moist to single digits and dry dry weather. We used Aveeno lotion. Essential oils. Vaseline. The combination of everything really helped.

- He still takes 3ish naps a day. One in the morning. One in the afternoon. And a short one in the late afternoon (or 'prevening' as termed in Big Bang Theory)

- He still loves his bath and splashes. He sits up in it at the beginning, but then lays down when we wash him. He did try to turn over a couple of times and would drink a lot of water and get scared. He's doing better now though, he knows to keep his head up.

- He did this funny thing for a while where he would growl at us. Adorable.

- He did have a week or two of stranger danger. He was mostly okay, but he would just get a little worried when he realized we weren't around. i.e. When Tyler and I were asked to speak in church, and a friend watched him for us.

- He is starting to become a little bit of a terror. Pulling on cords. Wanting any electronic that we might be using. We have a vent in our front room that he always runs his hand along because it makes a cool sound.

- He 'played' in the snow. We had so much that he could stand in it alone.




- He loves other kids. No joke. I know that seems weird to think he would notice them, but he lights up when he sees them. Babies, toddlers, any age kids. Loves them.

- He did this thing for a while where he would arch his back over the back of the bumbo. Don't worry we never let him fall, or left the room when he was in it.

- He can dunk :)





- He had reading time and band time with his stuffed animals :)

Alligator photo bombing in the back :)


- And a couple more pictures of when we went to Nickelcade. We watched Uncle Riley do DDR. Raced daddy in a car game. Played fruit ninja. And rode in a big rig :)

 


1 comment:

  1. I love the last couple of blogs, he is so dang cute! I crack up looking at the pics and reading about his development. Can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete