Our boy is growing fast! Everyday I feel like he has something new to his personality. As always here are pictures and little things he's doing! We didn't take as many pictures this month, but we've still got some :)
- He is still army crawling. He knows how to go on all fours but he just doesn't really do it.
- He had his first Valentine's Day, Daddy's Birthday, and Grandma Mim's Birthday. He made a cute valentine for our upstairs neighbor who is 5 days younger than him. There was a little card that I didn't get a picture of that said, "Happy Valentines Day Maeli! Will you be my Valentine. You are so sweet, open the door for a special treat!" Inside the bag was a little noise maker, a small teddy bear, and sweet potatoes sweet peas and sweet carrots. It's like they went to dinner together :) We slipped the card underneath the door that connects the house.
| Our Natural Wildlife Explorer! |
- He climbs on everything, and we had to lower his crib because we found him standing up in it one morning.
- He is babbling all the time now-such the little chatter box.
- He nurses 4 times a day, and eats baby food 3 times.
- He was having a hard time with his naps for a little bit, I think because he's getting to the age where he can do so much more on his own. He's learning new things and wants to consistently do them. When I would lay him down for his naps he'd just cry. So I figured that since he did so well with his bedtime, that he must just need some kind of routine to let him know it's time to take a nap. I started reading him a story, closing his curtains, and rocking him in his chair to let him know it was quiet time and time to sleep. It took him a couple of days to catch on (he'd just try to play with me while I rocked him, so I'd close my eyes), but after that he knew exactly what's going on and would immediately lay his head on my shoulder once I sat down.
| Had to take a quick nap on the hike, there was just too much beauty to take in! |
- We've introduced him to the baby food meats. It makes me gag, but he loves it. Well, the first time he thought it was weird, I think because of the texture. He made funny faces the whole time he was eating, but he never spit it out.
- He is really ticklish and laughs all the time
- He got to be babysat by both grandma's and his great grandma while we went skiing for Tyler's birthday. They all had a blast (as did we, but we forgot to take pictures)
- His favorite food is green beans and pears. He likes vegetables more than fruit. At least I think so because he always makes sour faces with fruit. I think it's too sweet for him still.
| Trying to reach Thor's hammer with Daddy! |
- He did get sick for a week or so. He had bronchialitis. He was just congested and had a bad cough. We got a vaporizer for his room, and it helped a lot. He was such a trooper though, still just a happy little guy.
And just some more pictures.
| On the way to and from Bryce Canyon. |
I love reading about him, we miss him so much! He is so dang cute and so happy
ReplyDelete