
So the saying goes "the early bird gets the worm." (Sorry for the vivid picture, but I feel like the best blogs have illustrations) After a full year of 8am classes, Tyler and I both regularly and naturally wake up at least by 7:00am if not earlier.
But as of late, meaning the past two weeks, we have been looking for a new place to live. Our lease is up in August, and rent is going up where we currently live, so we think we can get a bigger place for the amount we are paying and possibly even cheaper. So yesterday we were driving around Provo looking around for....

..."FOR RENT" Signs posted in front of houses. Now you may be wondering what this has to do with the beginning of this post, well I will tell you :) As we were driving around I saw pink, orange, and green posters hanging on the traffic lights advertising, now say it with me....
Now let me preface this next part with the fact that I am not a huge yard-sale-goer. But I thought it would be a fun Saturday Morning thing to do. So this morning I roll over and look at the clock and it is 6:23. I tell myself to go back to sleep because its Saturday morning and I should sleep in a little. About 20 minutes later, Tyler sneezes, and I know he is awake. (Side note: Tyler is one of those people that sneezes 20 times in a row, though this morning it was only twice). He did his usual cute husband thing of trying to snuggle up to me to see if I was awake too. I was grumpy and not wanting to get up, so he just got out of bed. Eventually I am just laying there awake, and I remember the yard sales that were starting. So we quickly threw on some jeans and slippers, brushed our teeth, and were out the door. We went around and found about 10 different yard sales that were going on. This being our, and my, first real yard sale experience together, I think we walked away pretty happy. We got:YARD SALES!!!
- A free candle and lotions
- Tyler's prized surf board. I know I know we are Utah, when will he ever use it? I asked the same thing. He said that his parents were coming up in June and he'll send it back with them. "Come on, 10 bucks for a surf board! You can never have enough surf boards babe!"
- And then my favorite buy. This beautiful clock. I think it was a steal, the girl said she originally bought it for $85 and we walked away with it for $25! After taking it home cleaning the mirror and replacing the battery it works perfectly and looks GREAT!
Provo yard-sale-holders look out because the Higa's love what you have to offer!
Oh my gosh I LOVE it!!! I LOOOOOVE yard sales!! You should go to Park City for yard sales!! Rich people selling their stuff for cheap!!! Talk about AWESOME!!! I LOOOVE that Clock!! It's so nice!! We are looking for a new place to live too....UGH!!! It's tough!! Rent is going up here? WHAT? I already feel like we are almost paying too much for this little place! hahah Dang it. Now we really need to find another place!! Lol!
ReplyDelete