
Tyler and I are addicted to this show that airs on Saturday Mornings called "Flip this House." Its like our adult version of "One Saturday Morning" Basically the show consists of people buying old, run down, junky houses and then they renovate them. Honestly check it out, its a great show.
The most exciting news we have to share is...... WE FOUND AN APARTMENT!!! Saturday morning we were going to go look at an apartment that was north of campus and we thought that we would really like. We were both pretty excited because we thought we were probably going to get it after weeks of looking at various apartments in Provo. We text the renter and he says its fine to come over. Then, not a minute later he texts back and says that he just talked to the landlord and he'd already signed the contract with another couple. Needless to say, we were pretty bummed. Then later on that night we were talking about how we want to start really living the gospel more instead of just going through the motions. And then how we need to remember that even though we are a couple and grow together that we still need to be doing our own individual prayers and scripture study as well.
Then Sunday morning I'm doing my usual thing of looking at apartments on various websites. I find one that I kind of like and I tell Tyler to come look at it as well. He said that he'd seen it before and even emailed the girl about coming over but she said that it had already been sold. So we emailed and said that we'd come by. To make a long story short (which I'm never good at) we went over on Sunday (yes, I guess you could consider us sinners) and we LOVED it. It has everything we want:
-two bedrooms
-a HUGE living room
-nice kitchen with good storage
-stove
-fridge
-dishwasher
-washer/dryer
-Lots of storage space. Including good closets in both rooms, a linen closet, a closet for our vacuum/jackets, and a garage
-A DINING ROOM (this was a plus, we weren't really looking for it)
-a nice front yard to do a little gardening/landscaping
-and of course a bathroom
It is a great location. Just south of campus, which is perfect because next year Tyler is starting his student teaching and he'll have the car most of the time. So we wanted to be closer to campus so it wouldn't be that much of a walk for me. And now it will take maybe 5 minutes to get to campus. It, like many of the houses in Provo, is older. But its a cute, and I absolutely love it. I think what I'm most excited for is to add our own touches to the house and make it our home.
Pictures you may ask? Of course
Here is the front of the house
Obviously the kitchen. I think we want to paint the kitchen a darker color to bring out the white cabinets.
The hallway to the two bedrooms.
I have some more plans for the house, but we'll see how everything pans out with moving in. But we are excited to have our own little version "Flip this House."
The next best part is the fact that we were able to sell our own contract at Cambridge the very next day. Tyler had a friend who is getting married in August and has been looking for a place but hasn't been able to find one. The cool thing is Tyler texted him quote "15 seconds" after he had said a little prayer in his head to help him find an apartment. The whole thing has been a huge blessing, for which we are very grateful.
that's so awesome, moku! i LOVE painting and fixing stuff, so if you need any help let me know!
ReplyDeleteI think you need to write "must leave poster of Ben Harper and Jack Johnson" in the contract somewhere :)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you two, it looks really cute!
oh my gosh! That's AWESOME!!!! What a cute place!! What a blessing! We are looking for places too but we haven't been able to sell our contract so that is so exciting!!! YAHOOO!!!! COngrats!!! :)
ReplyDelete