Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Singing In the Rain!




So last week I was just about done with classes and I was walking home in the rain, but I had a huge smile on my face. The relief that the semester was over, and there was nothing that could dampen my spirits!

We had a great week last week, with one minor hiccup. It was Tyler's spring break, so once I finished classes we were care free! What was the one minor hiccup you ask? Well on Friday Morning I woke up at 8 to shower and make sure my voice was nice and ready and awake to sing for my last jury (non-music majors fyi juries are judged performances by faculty of whether or not you have improved and for me this was my exit exam, so pretty much it was them getting to decide if I was ready to graduate).

Caution: Don't keep reading if you are not able to read about bathroom stories. It's nothing too graphic because lets face it I'm not a tell all girl, but just skip down a couple of paragraphs after the "Safe read zone"

I hop in the shower and about 2 seconds in there I am not feeling to hot. But I think hot showers are the cure for all ills so I just tell myself to tough it out and let the steam get going and I'll be fine in no time. Well, I think this is the time that I should tell you that I had a minor case of food poisoning. And needless to say the steam was not going to help. I was soaking wet but I had to get out because there was no stopping myself. And lucky for me the toilet is right next to the shower or else we might have had a situation on our hands.

Without getting into too many details, when we were first married Tyler was shocked that I was not a everyday or even every other day goer--and maybe that will shock some of you as well--but I've been this way my whole life. And man when I travel does it throw me off even worse and it'll be days before I go. So the fact that I went 5 times in an hour and half was clue to me that I was not going to be able to make it to my jury. The bathroom was my best friend that morning and I was not leaving it.

Luckily the faculty was very nice and understanding and allowed me to go at the end of the day of juries at 4 instead of at 11:50. I slept for about 3 hours that morning, and when I woke up I felt a little bit better, and with nothing in my system to come out, I knew I would be able to make it through my juries without running out mid-song to the bathroom.

Oh and to be quite honest I'm not sure what I ate. The last thing I ate when I started to feel sick the day before was a rice bowl from Rumbi Island Grill. Guess that's what I get for eating out when we hardly ever do.

Second Oh! Juries went well, not running out, and the faculty said I did well after I was done. So hopefully I got a high enough score!

SAFE ZONE TO READ---->

Other than that we had a great weekend. We cleaned the house, which is one the best feelings in the world. We went to a friends luau for their son's 1st birthday. We bought used bikes!!! I got a blue cruiser and tyler got a blue mountain bike. We've been on 3 bike rides already, and figure that this will be our main mode of transportation this summer around Provo. (I'll post pictures of them later, we haven't taken any yet).

We finally orders our first bountiful basket. I'm so excited to pick it up this Saturday. Its a $15 (+$3 for your first time basket) laundry basket that you can order that has 1/2 fruits and 1/2 vegetables. And the best part is that the food is all fresh from local farmers. I'm excited to see what we get. People that we've heard that use it aren't able to finish off the basket of food for 2 weeks.Link

Another fun thing that we've been doing with food and looking at food blogs and trying out the recipes on them. They've been great. We've made coconut lime macaroons with white chocolate (no picture),

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3tTOAOxPcn5mErC22IyYSQZImEtdODVeYIvuycT7PNHC0toxTSdIir5Tvv4rOz8JcfVCw3R3S7BECDiuyTGmwWRHBTl1eRIGr5m4vnRnzPOcOapOJdnd0j5BKZNAi5JxNNix7ImhwkVY/s1600/brownie+cookie+dough+cookie++fix+500.jpg
(Don't worry it there are no eggs so it won't give you food poisoning)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjaTTqj86UsiuFNV45mVAPh54lJMKgEq3shtQrCIS-gbypy4x2HlC1pYZzShmeuRI5wsj8E4FaComo5RTebrZ_ACAMYQ56CAic3O_ris0Ji6ZD-iHGemTZr0wbK1y2e1sKNYylxA8I6bmo/s1600/tortilla+bake.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiWaTT7vTsQo02BbPGHV-zXjnEYx23dwZ5zegQful4FUBTFgCDurbiBWZkusCAyVz0k_MS_mw6vKHeNq0OaVnNLxJcuCTW3O1UNRPacoI5xnRJ_Z7-9sCRyRjVKlSFvTfOorTJlhJhVtyI/s1600/pesto+breadsticks+500.jpg

And on the docket for this week is Cashew Chicken Curry, Butternut Squash Soup, Cantonese Beef, Honey Ginger Chicken,and much more. We've loved everything that we've made, and it makes meal planning so much more fun.

We've officially registered for our 5k in two weeks. We are running the Provo City 5k on May 7th! I'm so excited. I just ran my best time last night at 35 minutes, and that was after not having run all weekend because of not feeling so great. And I'm down 12 pounds, and no it wasn't the food poisoning that helped :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww soo sorry about the food poisoning! That's NOT FUN. I want to try the basket thing too...I've heard awesome things about it, I just don't want the food to go bad! but it sounds like you're cooking a lot and maybe that's exactly what I need so we're not tempted to eat out so much!!! Awesome on the 12 pounds! amazing!

    ReplyDelete