Life since baby boy came has been so hectic, and at times purely chaotic, but also such an adventure. Hence the reason for the lack of blogging.
Kaiewa (kai (like the I sound at the beginning of my name with a k infront)-eh-vuh) was born June 27 and we moved July 2 into our new home down in West Mountain, UT. Had the little bugger come on time it wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it was. Buuuut the both of us being only 5 days postpartum, it was a bit of a challenge (especially in hind sight). We luckily had LOTS of family around to help, and everyone kept telling me to sit down and not do anything (I should have listened more) but that was (and still is) such a hard thing for me to do. On the actual moving day my mom had me sit in the baby's new room while everyone else was at the old house doing everything.
We got moved in just fine, and it was great to have the added space with everyone that was here. Our new place is 3 beds and 2 baths with a nice big living room, dining room, and kitchen. And man have we utilized it all since we've been here.
In a quick summary of visitors it went like this:
- My mom came two days before Kaiewa was born
- The day after (6/28) he was born Tyler's parents, grandparents, and two siblings came
- Tyler's brother Brady flew in the next day (6/29)
- Brady left Sunday (7/1)
(Moved Monday 7/2)
- Higa's left 7/4
- My mom left 7/7
- 1.5 weeks later Dayna and Kaycee came back 7/18. They left 7/26
- Two days later Meleana came 7/28 and left 8/2
- Five Days later 8/7 We flew down to California and came back 8/15
- Tyler's parents and brother get here tomorrow (8/20) so Riley can start school at the Y this semester
We have been so grateful for all the time we've been able to spend with family this summer and for their support in all the adjustments.
I don't even know where to begin with all of the other things. So I guess I'll go chronologically. A few days after my mom left, I called the midwife and figured out I had had mastitis for 4 or 5 days. (Being a new mom, and new to breastfeeding I had no idea what was normal and what wasn't) So they gave me a prescription and said that I should be feeling better in 24 hours. Well, me being me and still not knowing normal thought it was ok that in 24 hours I wasn't feeling much better. So I ended up calling them back 3 days later with another fever and not feeling better. They told me to go to urgent care because I might have an abyss. Well that doctor was NOT helpful. He tried to tell me I had no infection at all and that nothing was wrong. Thanks mister. I'm not faking a fever and feeling SUPER sore with all the other fun things of breastfeeding (cracked, bleeding, engorged, etc.) So I called the midwives back, and after answering questions, on top of the mastitis, Kaiewa and I developed thrush (something I would never wish on anyone), which can be a side effect of the anti-biotics for the mastitis.
Tyler in the midst of this starting working 12 hour days at the cherry farms to make up for my lack of income now.
The mastitis did go away pretty quickly after they realized I had thrush. Unfortunately, its been 6.5 weeks and we still have thrush. It is one tricky thing to get rid of, and it's been quite the challenge. We have our good and bad days.
All of this I'm pretty sure came because of my own stupidity of not resting after Kaiewa was born. We had lots of visitors and the move. My mom tried her best to tell me to lay down, but with 15 people in your living room they day after he was born, it was a little hard for me to do that. I didn't want to seem anti-social, and I didn't think sitting and talking would make much of a difference. But in the end I should have listened.
To end this complain-y sounding post, I do love motherhood. It sure is an adjustment and has its ups and downs, but holding my baby when he's sleeping, or seeing him smile at me, my heart melts and I truly don't know how I could live without him.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment