Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cowboy in Mesquite, NV

Remember when we got our 2nd car? And how adult like I said we both felt? Well, I am sad to say that that car is now gone.

Tyler and I took another wonderful trip down to California. This time for a much longer stay than our typical quick weekend trip. We got to spend a whole 10 days their. And we had a great time! We went here (and did initiatory), here (and rode all the rides because of an amazing hook up), here (where I got the first REAL sunburn of my life....how do you guys do it e-v-e-r-y summer?? Seriously?), here (of course because Tyler loves animals), and here (I've never seen so many frantic Asians in my entire life). Overall we just loved spending all the time we could with our amazing family. We played lots of SCRABBLE--its a new favorite. Tyler and Riley played lots of FIFA. We saw X-Men: First Class. Had a great memorial day Barbecue with Badminton and 5 Crown. And made sure we soaked up lots of the warm weather to try and bring it back with us.

One thing about our road trips though is we stop as little as possible. We've made it to Palmdale with only one stop in Vegas. On the way home we stop in St. George. However, unfortunately we didn't make it to St. George this time. We got stranded. Here. Aka the Nevada Desert. We were 25 miles from Mesquite, NV when Tyler turns off the radio and we start to pull over. As we do so we heard a slight pop. To make an a long story short our engine ran out of oil because of a leak, gave no warning sign that we were low, and blew our engine.

Did I cry when I found out?--Yes

It was a good car, and what a simple mistake that could have saved us money.

But in the end we not hurt nor got in an accident. Several people showed us great kindness in helping us because there really is nothing in Mesquite. A nice biker man (named Frank 'Cowboy' Taylor) stopped to make sure we were okay on the road. A lady at the motel gave us her toothpaste. Another man gave us a ride to St. George where we got a rental car and made the rest of the trek back to Provo.

Luckily we payed for the car in cash, and it was cheap, so though it was a loss, it wasn't life-shattering detrimental. Yet, green car, you will be missed.

If I felt like a real married adult couple when we bought the car, man do I feel even more grown up after that whole ordeal. I'm so grateful Tyler was their with me through it all.

2 comments:

  1. haha! i love reading it but i loved even more hearing it in person... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad day! Pretty eventful and memorable trip though!! Glad you guys are back safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete